The latest buzzword in marketing is inbound or content marketing. Everybody wants to do it. You know through experience that being a good teacher gets results… over time.
But getting started is the hard part. There is so much information and misinformation on the Internet about this subject that it’s difficult to know what to do and where to start. This confusion causes many people to avoid taking the first step.
Basically when a consultant or professional services company wants to begin an inbound or content marketing campaign (we use these terms interchangeably) there are several questions you need to consider. Here are a few:
- What type or types of content can and should we produce?
- Who in the organization should produce to content and do we have time for it?
- Are we as a company committed to implementing a content marketing strategy?
- How often should we write new blog posts?
- What should be our writing style or tone?
- What web platform should we use (likeWordPress )?
- Should we use social media to drive traffic to our content and which services best suit our target client base?
- Who is our ideal client for us and how do we attract them?
- What obstacles exists that prevent us from creating content on a regular basis?
- What should we be writing about?
- Should we create an email newsletter and how does it fit with our overall strategy?
These are just a handful of questions need to consider when implementing a content marketing strategy. Helping you identify the right questions and finding the answers is exactly what we do at WebGuys. Professionals come to us when they are ready to start a content/inbound marketing program but need help through the learning curve. that holds them back.
If you have questions like these please do not hesitate to contact us.
Photo by Brent Danley